Ghorepani Poonhill Trek, popularly known as Annapurna Sunrise Trek and Annapurna Panorama Trek is located in the north of the City of Thousand Lakes, Pokhara and is a major trekking destination in our country. This adventurous journey is relatively easy and one can easily complete the trek to the summit of Poonhill. This trek is designed for those trekkers who wish to trek on the rough and challenging trails with the magnificent view of Himalayan ranges. The main attraction of this trek is the majestic sunrise and sunset view that one can see from the summit of this beautiful hill.
Ghorpani Poonhill trek is an easy trek and can be enjoyed by all type of trekkers without any Acute Mountain Sickness. One who wants to enjoy and explore the Annapurna region in a very short period of time should go on this trek. Ghorepani Poonhill trek offers you an exotic opportunity to do the sightseeing of mountain ranges along with an opportunity to explore the ancient and authentic villages of Annapurna region. One can get a closer and majestic view of Mt. Annapurna which will make this tour the most memorable tour of your entire life.
The trek starts from Nayapul which is an hour drive from the beautiful city Pokhara. From there we begin our trek through the dense rhododendron and magnolia forests. And then we head to the deep gorge and then to small mountains and streams and finally through the charming Sherpa villages. The Poonhill trek is famous for the magnificent sunrise and sunset views including the sightseeing of the Himalayan peak of Annapurna Sanctuary, including Gangapurna, South Annapurna, Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri and Hiunchul. We repeat our way back to the Modi River and then to Nayapul to conclude our mesmerizing journey.
Please refer to the itinerary for further information:
Day 01: KATHMANDU TO POKHARA (910m/2986ft.)
After breakfast we will take a 6 hours’ drive to Pokhara about 200km by Tourist Bus through good scenery of river and countryside. And then we will check in to the hotel. Free afternoon on your own. Take a walk around Lakeside or you can do boating at the beautiful Phewa lake. Overnight in Hotel. You can have the option to fly to Pokhara which will take about 25 minutes.
Day 02: POKHARA TO TIRKHE DHUNGA (1577m)
After breakfast, we will take an hour drive to Nayapul (50km). Then we will start our trek about 20 minutes to Birethati, a prosperous town beside the Modi River. And then we will head to Hille, then trek to Tirkhe Dughga. This day you will trek about 3-4hrs. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 03: TIRKHE DHUNGA TO GHOREPANI (2855m)
After breakfast, we will start our trek and then cross a stream (Bhurungdi Khola) on a suspension bridge. We will trek to a large Magar Village called Ulleri. Above the village we will climb gently through pastures and cultivated fields, through rhododendron and oak forests then reach to Nangethanti. You can have lunch or short rest. Again, Trek to Ghorepani through the forest. This day you will trek about 5-6 hrs. Overnight at guest house.
Day 04: GHOREPANI TO Poon Hill (3210m) and then to TADAPANI (2630m)
We will wake up early morning at 4am, then we will hike an hour to Poonhill (3210m) with the help of your stick & flash light. Here you can enjoy with panoramic mountain views & beautiful sunrise view. Then after an hour we will trek down to Ghorepani and have breakfast and then start ourr 6 hrs trek to Tadapani. The village is named Tadapani due to its water supply which has come to village frm a long distance. The trail climbs along ridges and through pine and rhododendron forests to Deurali. We descend to reach Banthanti, before winding our way to Tadapani. Overnight at hotel
Day 05: TADAPANI TO GHANDRUK (1950m)
After our breakfast we will trek to Ghandruk. After 4hrs drop trek to the huge Gurung Village called Ghandruk which is the most fascinating inborn Gurung town in Nepal and is likewise well known for giving Gorkha fighters. It has magnificent close – up perspectives of Annapurna South, Machhapurchhe and Himachuli. There is an ACAP office that gives data about its diverse exercises. Overnight at guest House.
Day 06: GHANDRUK TO POKHARA (910m)
Today is the last day of this marvelous trek. After breakfast, we will trek about 3-4hrs and then take our bus and go back to Pokhara. Overnight at Pokhara.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.