Himlung Expedition is located near the Nepal-Tibet border and is one of the most demanding and popular trekking destinations of our country. As this is a less challenging trek, one with good physical stamina can easily reach to the top of this mountain. Trekking to the summit of one of the mountains of our country is a lifetime dream to all the trekkers and mountaineers of the world. One can get an opportunity to trek on the heart of the Himlung Himal and reach to its summit for the sightseeing of the world’s highest mountain.
Himlung Himal Expedition offers the visitors with a beautiful sight of panoramic mountain ranges including some of the famous mountains such as Everest (highest mountain of the world), Manaslu (8th highest mountain, Annapurna (10th highest mountain), Nanadevi, Rajramba, Appi Himal, Kappa Chuli Peak and many other beautiful mountains. You will also get an opportunity to do the sightseeing of the unique cultures and lifestyle of people living in this region since many years. Visitors will also get an opportunity to explore the rare species of animals and birds that are found in this region. The ideal trekking and climbing time for this expedition is between the month of October and November.
Himlung Himal Expedition starts with the sightseeing of the capital city of our country. We will then take a long drive to Besi Sahar and then start our trek and reach the famous circuit of Annapurna. We will follow the trail of this famous circuit and trek ahead of the dense forests and Sherpa villages to reach the basecamp of Himlung Himal. We will then start our challenging climb to reach the summit of this beautiful mountain. We will do the sightseeing of the mountain ranges from the summit and after the sightseeing, we will trek back via the same route and end our beautiful journey.
1 Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel(1,400m)
2 Rest in Kathmandu, Expedition briefing and Preparing
3 Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar (760m)
4 Drive from Besisahar to Koto (2600m)
5 Trek from Koto to Meta (3560m): Camping
6 Trek from Meta to Kyang (3840m): Camping
7 Trek from Kyang to Phu Gaun(3900m) : Camping
8 Acclimatization at Phu Gaun (rest day) : Camping
9 Trek from Trek from Phu Gaun to Himlung base camp (4900m)
10 – 25 Day 10 to Day 25 [ Climbing Period: Base Camp – Himlung Summit (7126m) – Basecamp ]
26 Trek from Base Camp to Phu Gaun: Camping
27 Trek from Phu Gaun to Meta (3560m): Camping
28 Trek from Meta to Koto (2600m)
29 Drive from Koto to Besisahar (760m)
30 Drive from Besisahar to Kathmandu & transfer to the Hotel
31 Leisure day in Kathmandu City
32 Transfer to International Airport for final departure
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.