Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek is one of the most challenging and dangerous trekking destinations of our country. This is one of the most thrilling trekking destinations as one should trek trough some of the most difficult trekking paths of our country. One should need a good physical stamina and good trekking experience to reach to the base camp of this trekking journey. Trekking in the Kanchenjunga region is restricted to the outsiders and one should need a special permit to trek in this region. Most of the part of this region are isolated and remote so only a limited number of trekkers come to this region for trekking and expedition.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek offers the spectacular views of mountain ranges including some of the highest mountain ranges of the world such as Everest (Highest mountain of the world), Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Pumori, Manaslu, Makalu and other many beautiful mountain ranges of our country. You will also get an opportunity to do the sightseeing of the unique culture and lifestyle of people living in this region since many years. Sightseeing of the rare species of animals and birds found in this region is also another major attraction of this beautiful journey.
The journey to the base camp of the 3rd highest mountain of the world starts with a short flight to Suketar from Kathmandu. We will then trek through dense rhododendron and oak forests to reach Lamile Bhanjyang. Trekking through Torotan, Tseram, Ramche will lead us to Mirgin-La which offers the spectacular views of snowcapped mountains. Trekking ahead for a short duration will take us to the final destination of our trip, The Kanchenjunga Base Camp. One can do the sightseeing of unique and dramatic landscapes along with some of the highest mountain ranges of the world through the base camp of this beautiful mountain.
Day 01 Kathmandu – Biratnagar (72m/236ft), 35min flight.
Day 02 Biratnagar – Suketar – Mitlung (850m/2,790 ft), 15min flight, 5-6 hrs trek.
Day 03 Mitlung – Chirwa (1,190m/3,905ft), 6-7 hrs.
Day 04 Chirwa – Sekathum (1,640m/5,390ft), 5-6 hrs.
Day 05 Sekathum – Amjilosa (2,490m/8,168ft), 5-6hrs.
Day 06 Amjilosa – Gyabla (2,730m/8,955ft), 4-5hrs.
Day 07 Gyabla – Ghunsa (3,430m/11,250ft), 5-6hrs.
Day 08 Ghunsa Rest and acclimatisation day.
Day 09 Ghunsa – Kambachen (4 150m/13,615ft), 5-6 hrs.
Day 10 Kambachen – Lhonak (4,790m/15,900ft), 4-5 hrs.
Day 11 Lhonak – Pang Pema Base Camp (5,160m/16,923ft), 2-3 hrs
Day 12 Pang Pema Base Camp, rest and exploration day.
Day 13 Pangpema – Kambachen (4,150m/13,650ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 14 Kambachen – Ghunsa – Phale (3,140m/10,302ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 15 Phale – Amjilosa (2,140m/7,100ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 16 Amjilosa – Chirwa (1,190m/3,900 ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 17 Chirwa – Linkhim (1,520m/4,985ft), 5-6 hrs
Day 18 Linkhim – Suketar (2,700m/8,856ft.), 5-6 hrs
Day 19 Suketar – Biratnagar- Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft), 30min and 35min flights.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.