Taking about Lhasa – Everest Base Camp tour, this is a multi-country tour that takes the trekkers to the Himalayas of Tibet and Nepal and gives you a thrilling opportunity to explore the hidden treasures of the Himalayas of these two beautiful countries. This classic tour itinerary consists of sightseeing of some of the most famous places of Nepal and Lhasa. This is one of the best itineraries that cover the all the Lhasa main tourist sites like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor street, Drepung and sera monastery with Gyantse Kumbum and Shigatse Tashi Lhunpho monastery.
Lhasa – Everest Base Camp tour offers the visitors with the magnificent views of Himalayan ranges including some of the highest mountain ranges of the world such as Everest (Highest mountain of the world), Lhotse, Cho -Oyu, Makalu, Manaslu, Annapurna, Sishgampa, Thamaserku and other many beautiful mountain ranges of Nepal and Tibet. You will also get an awesome opportunity to explore the wilderness and a wide variety of flora and fauna found in the Himalayan region of these two beautiful countries. The major attraction of this trek will be the sightseeing of ancient Potala Palace and reaching the base camp of Everest. The route is going to be relatively easier as a private vehicle will take us to the base camp of Everest.
Lhasa – Everest Base Camp tour starts with the sightseeing of Kathmandu valley. We will then take a flight and reach Lhasa and then di the sightseeing of Potala Palace and other many beautiful monasteries. After doing the sightseeing of Lhasa, we will take a short drive and reach Shigatse. Passing via Rongbuk monastery will take us to the base camp of Everest. After the sightseeing, we will descend via the same route and travel back to Lhasa.
Please refer to the itinerary for further information:
Day 01: Arrival in Lhasa and transfer to the hotel:
Today, you will be transferred to the Tribhuvan International Airport and then after the visa procedure, you will be transferred to Lhasa via International flight. This scenic flight will give you a pre-opportunity to do the sightseeing of a great panorama of mountain ranges including some of the highest mountain ranges of the world. After the arrival at Lhasa, our representative will welcome and greet you at the Lhasa International Airport and then you will be transferred to the hotel. Overnight at hotel at Lhasa.
Day 02: Sightseeing of Lhasa:
Today, after an early morning breakfast, we will head to do the sightseeing of some of the beautiful places of Lhasa. We will begin exploring the ancient Potala Palace and Norbulingka palaces which gives you an opportunity to get closer with the Tibetan culture and tradition. You will also do the sightseeing of ancient houses and streets which were made in the ancient periods. Overnight at Lhasa.
Day 03: Sightseeing of Lhasa:
After an early morning breakfast, we will do the sightseeing of Drepung monastery, Jokhang temple, Barkhor street and other many beautiful places of Lhasa. Drepung monastery, the world’s largest monastery was built in 14th century and there is a belief that it was the home of more than 10000 monks. We will also do the sightseeing of Jhokhang temple, one of the oldest temples of Tibet and then we will visit the Barkhor streer where you can see different arts and architectures. Overnight at Lhasa.
Day 04: Drive from Lhasa to Shigatse:
We will be driving to Shigatse from Lhasa. A drive to Shigatse gives you an opportunity to view the dramatic landscapes and you will also travel with the spectacular views of Himalayan backdrops. We will visit the famous Tashi Lunpho monastery which is the home of Pancehn Lama. Overnight at Shigatse.
Day 05: Drive from Shigatse to Rongbuk:
Our today’s day starts with an early morning breakfast and then we will drive to Rongbuk in our private vehicle. We will see the beautiful and ancient villages on the route along with the cultivated fields of rice and millets. We will be visiting some of the famous monasteries such as Rongbuk monastery, Sakya monastery and other different ancient monasteries in the route. Overnight at Rongbuk.
Day 06: Visit the Everest Base Camp and return to Gyantse:
As mentioned, the route from Lhasa is comparatively easy than the route to the base camp from Nepal. An easy early morning drive will take us to the north side of the base camp. We will do the sightseeing of some of the famous and highest mountains of Nepal and Tibet. After sightseeing, we will drive back to Gyantse for overnight.
Day 07: Sightseeing of Gyantse and then drive back to Lhasa:
Our today’s day starts with the sightseeing of Gyantse. We will visit another famous and ancient Pulchoe monastery, Khumbum Pagoda monastery and other many beautiful monuments of Gyantse. After exploring Gyantse, we will drive back to Lhasa for overnight.
Day 08: Fly back to Nepal and Departure:
Today will be the last day of the trip as you will be transferred to the Lhasa International Airport and then transferred to Nepal from where you can go to your own home country.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.