Trekking through the heart of the mighty Himalayas of our country and reaching to the summit of some of the world’s highest mountain is a lifetime dream to all the trekkers and mountaineers of the world. Mt. Makalu Expedition is especially designed for those trekkers and adventure lovers who wish to trek on the height above 8000m and want to do something new and adventurous in their life. This is one of the most challenging and risky mountains of the world and one should have a good physical stamina to reach to the summit of this mountain.
We personally recommend to have a good physical stamina along with previous climbing experience to reach to the summit of this mountain. You should also have previous technical climbing experience and a positive attitude towards the Himalayas. Mt. Makalu Expedition offers the spectacular panoramic views of Himalayas including some of the highest mountains of the word such as Mt. Everest (8848m), Chamlang Himal, Lhotse, Pumori, Annapurna and other many beautiful mountain ranges. Some of the major attractions of this trek is the Makalu Barun National Park, Makalu Barun valley, ancient Sherpa settlements, etc. Chances of avalanches, heavy snow fall, ice falls, wind and rock falls are common as we will be climbing above the height of 8000m.
Mt. Makalu Expedition starts with a scenic flight to Tumlingtar from Kathmandu. We will start our trek and then trek via the deepest valley of the world, Arun valley. Trekking ahead from the ancient Sherpa villages and dense forests will take us to Sedua and then we will cross the famous Shipton pass. Trekking ahead will take us to the base camp of Mt. Makalu and then our professional guides will give you some of the basic trainings which will help you during the challenging climb to the summit. After reaching the summit, we will trek back down via the same route and come back down to the base camp.
Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to your hotel for refreshment.
Day 2 : Sightseeing around world heritage sites
Day 3 : Issue climbing permits
Day 4 : Fly to Tumlingtar (285m-938ft) and arrange for porters.
Day 5 : Trek to Mane Bhanjyang.(1440m-4724ft)
Day 6 : Trek to Chichira. (1980m-6496ft)
Day 7 : Trek to Num (1851m-6072ft)
Day 8 : Trek to Sheduwa (1500m-4922ft).
Day 9 : Trek to Tashigaon. (2100m-6890ft)
Day 10 : Trek to Kauma. (3760m-12337ft)
Day 11 : Trek to Dobato. (3700m-12140ft)
Day 12 : Trek to Jark Kharka (4800m-15749ft)
Day 13 : Trek to Hillary Base Camp (4800m-15749ft)
Day 14 : Trek to Makalu Base Camp. (4870m-15978ft)
Day 15-48 : This is Climbing period Mt. Makalu.
Day 49 : We need to Clean up Base Camp
Day 5 : Trek back to Yak Kharka.
Day 51 : Trek to Mumbuk.
Day 52 : Trek to Tashi Gaon.
Day 53 : Trek to Num
Day 54 : Trek to Chichira.
Day 55 : Trek to Tumlingtar.
Day 56 : Fly to Kathmandu. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 57 : Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 58 : Transfer to airport for departure.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.