Trekking to the Mustang region is a lifetime dream and a golden opportunity as one can see some of the majestic and beautiful things of our country. This beautiful journey gives you an opportunity to explore the unique cultures, festivals, traditions and lifestyle of people living in the Mustang region since many years. One can also do the sightseeing of some of the famous and highest mountain ranges of our country in this trip. Mustang is a forbidden place and is located behind the Himalayas of our country and is a famous and demanding trekking destinations of our country.
Mustang Tiji Festival trek starts with a scenic flight to Jomsom. We will then start our trek and trek via many ancient settlements and forests to reach Kagbeni. Trekking ahead will take us to Chele and then to Syangbochen village. One can do the sightseeing of local farmers and villagers doing their day to day work and you also can talk and chat with them. We will then trek through Ghami and then through Tsarang to reach Lo-Manthang. After the sightseeing of festival, we will trek via Chhuksang and reach Jomsom from where we will fly back to Kathmandu and end our trip.
Mustang Tiji Festival lasts for 3 days and is usually celebrated in the month of May. This authentic festival is mostly celebrated in Upper Mustang and in Lo-Manthang. Tiji, the abbreviation of the word “Tempa Chirim” means the prayer for world peace and is also known as “The Chasing of Demons”. This festival is celebrated in the memory of the victory of Lord Buddha’s incarnation as Dorjee Sonu over a cruel demon called Man Tam Ru who was feeding on human beings and causing droughts and storms. The famous festival of Mustang is celebrated by performing ritual dances and celebrations. You will also do the sightseeing of some of the highest mountain ranges of the world.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.