Tibet, also known as the roof of the world is the home of thousands of old and ancient monasteries, ancient cultures and religions and offers the best views of Himalayan ranges. This country is one of the famous touristic destinations of the world where you can see the ancient Buddhist culture and religion. This place is highlighted by the famous Potala Palace. One can observe a spiritually enlightened and awakened sentient place of the holy Dalai Lama. Tour reviews the Tibetan civilization which is a primitive and unique one to the rest of the world with different monasteries and temples. Tibet is mainly famous for its natural world heritages which are Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street.
One-week Tibet Cultural tour takes the visitors to the holy land of Tibet including some of the famous places of Tibet such as Lhasa, Shigatse, Potala Palace and other famous places of Tibet. One of the major attractions of this trek is the sightseeing of the capital city of Tibet, Lhasa. This city is a jewel of a destination as the Potala Palace, the former residence of the Dalai Lama is a major attraction of this city. You will also find numerous important temples and monasteries and even the world’s highest brewery. Your first view of the red and white Potala palace soaring above the Holy city raises goosebumps and the charming whitewashed old Tibetan quarter continues to preserve the essence of traditional Tibetan life.
Please refer to the itinerary for further information:
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa.
This will be the day when we will enter the border of Tibet leaving Kathmandu valley behind. Early morning drive to International airport of Nepal and fly to Gongar airport of Lhasa. It is a 55 minutes flight with the scenic flight over Himalayas of Nepal and Tibet. Be sure to take the window seat so that you can enjoy the views of beautiful Himalayas more easily. Our representative will pick us up from the airport and drive to Lhasa city. Rest of the time is rest for acclimatization and overnight at Lhasa city.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Lhasa.
Day 10 begins with the sightseeing of Lhasa which is the capital city of Tibet. We will begin our sightseeing tour from the Potala Palace, the greatest monumental structure in Tibet. We will be attracted deeply by rooms, halls, chapels, and furnishings of Potala Palace. In the afternoon, we will visit Jokhang Temple which is the holiest Tibet’s temples. The constant bustle, dazzling paraphernalia of worship, flickering butter lamps and wreaths of heady incense make the Jokhang Temple one of Tibet’s most memorable experiences. Finally, we will visit the Barkhor Street which is Lhasa’s liveliest place and it is also the main route for prayer wheels rotating. Overnight at Lhasa
Day 03: 2nd day sightseeing in Lhasa.
This will be our 2nd day of Sightseeing in the capital of Tibet. At morning we will take the sightseeing tour of the Drepung Monastery which was once Tibet’s richest Monastery, A group of white buildings stands on the hillside and out against the majestic Mt. Gambo Utse. Here you can get a wonderful view of the Lhasa City and surrounding scenery. The next sightseeing spot is Sera Monastery which is famous for its warrior monks, Dob-Doa. After that, we will visit Norbulingka which was once the summer palace of the Dalai Lamas. It contains several palaces, chapels, and buildings. Finally, we will drive back to the hotel and overnight at Lhasa.
Day 04: Drive Lhasa to Namtso Lake & back to Lhasa.
On this day we will be driving to visit the second largest salt water lake of China. Namtso Lake is the biggest lake located at the highest altitude in the world. Namtso is also popular for being a sacred Buddhist pilgrimage site where Zhaxi Temple is situated. The Lake’s beauty should not be missed by any traveler during the visit in Tibet. After our visit we will be drive back to Lhasa and overnight at Lhasa.
Day 05: Drive Lhasa to Gyantse
Today we will be driving from Lhasa to Gyantse which is a 5-6 hours’ drive with scenic views. On the way we will cross several high passes, like Khamba La Pass (s4,794m, Karo La Pass (5,045m). You will also get an opportunity to see the beauty of the Yamdrok Tso Lake, one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet. Alos another beautiful Nazin Kang Sang glacier (7,252m) will be a source of attraction today. We will be visiting Khumbum Stupa, Phalkot Monastery and Gyantse Dzong (fortress), which is one of the best preserved dzongs in Tibet. Overnight in Gyantse.
Day 06: Drive Gyantse to Shigatse
Today, we will be taking a short drive to the second largest city of Tibet, Shigatse. You will also v the isit famous Tashilampo monastery at the hill of Shigatse city with our guide. Tashilampo Monastery was founded in 1447 by the 1st Dalai Lama and is a historically as well as culturally important monastery. After that we will be walking around the city and then to our hotel. Overnight at Shigatse.
Day 07: Drive back to Lhasa and departure to Nepal:
Today, we will all the way back to Lhasa and then you will be transferred to the Lhasa International Airport form where you will fly back to Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car or van. It is depend of the group.
- Two nights standard accommodation in 2/3/4/5 star category hotel in Kathmandu located tourist center, or up to you.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Your destination map.
- Both ways domestic Flights with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder Climbing guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment’s, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- If you need we will provide you sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and, if necessary etc.
- All necessary Government paper works and national park entry permits and TIMS Card etc.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes and Vat.
- Meals yourself Kathmandu (L+D).
- equipment / Gears
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Water )
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment’s.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- If do any tour and sightseeing and other activities etc.